Basic Rules (These are really simple ones!)
- Respect other people (FJ Summit folks, Ouray locals and guests, and others on the trail).
- Respect any private property.
- Respect the natural environment that we are so privileged to enjoy.
- Remember to Stay The Trail!
- Help others and yourself to enjoy the event!
- Every person that enters the event needs to be registered and checked in.
- All Adults and Minors must sign a waiver and rules sheet.
- All Minors must have a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian and must be accompanied by an adult.
Registrations cannot be sold or transferred. A registration is valid only for the account holder and
their vehicle. We reserve the right to check identification and vehicle plates for participation
in the FJ Summit.
Safety Rules & Regulations
- Trails are on public roads and all rules of the road apply.
- Alcohol is expressly forbidden on all trails.
- No glass containers allowed on trails.
- Observe speed limit on all roads, trails, private areas.
- Observe all trail signs and rules.
- Obey your trail leader -- they may have special instructions that need to be followed.
- No winching to: trees without a tree saver or strap, power poles, fences, or pipelines.
- Respect all structures and historical sites.
- Stay on existing marked and designated vehicle trails - NO TRAIL BLAZING.
- Downhill vehicles generally yield to Uphill vehicles.
- Groups on trails are limited to 10 vehicles. Don't bunch up.
- Trails are often 2-way. Please respect oncoming traffic and locals
- When stopped on the trail, always leave plenty of room for traffic to come through.
- All trash and animal waste must be picked up and carried out with you.
- Illegal, abusive or destructive activities should be reported to authorities.
- All Hotel Property management rules apply.
- Hotel offers alcohol served on property. Only responsible drinking is permitted.
- Although state law may allow it, please consider not carrying side arms at this family event.
- Rowdiness, excessive noise, excessive vehicle noise cannot be tolerated.
- Members and guests are encouraged to help enforce the rules in order to preserve the trails and environment and have a cleaner, safe place for everyone.
- Please respect the locals, remember, you represent the FJ Summit and we are their guests.
Violation of FJ Summit Rules
- FJ Summit reserves the right to remove a participant from FJ Summit activities and trail runs with no refund issued.
Rules current as of March 13, 2017 and are subject to change